Managing your project
We can manage the entire subdivision process for you from start to finish. We will liaise with Council, Contractors, Architects, Utility Companies and your Solicitor to make the process as smooth and efficient as possible.
What is involved?
The subdivision process and requirements can be a little daunting, however most subdivisions follow a similar process and generally involve the following:
- Title search and preliminary scoping of the proposal
- Site survey to identify features relevant to the subdivision (eg. location of existing dwellings and services)
- Preparation of Scheme Plan and Application to Council
- Council issues consent, normally subject to conditions
- Installation of services for new allotment and compliance with other conditions
- Land Transfer Survey (pegging out of new boundaries) for submission to Land Information New Zealand (LINZ)
- Final certification from Council
- Submission of survey to LINZ
- New Titles issue
Even relatively simple, small scale subdivision can take from 3 – 6 months from the feasibility stage to issue of new titles. Larger, more complex developments can take even longer.
The cost of subdivision varies considerably and is dependent on many factors including the proximity to existing infrastructure (eg. sewer, stormwater and water supply), topography of the site and the age of the original survey. We can provide you with an estimate of costs at the beginning of the process, so there are no surprises later.
Need a project estimate?
We can help you with all surveying services